The nice grocery clerk at Henry's gave Paige a yellow balloon yesterday. She was so happy to play with it and Nick loved it too. After several hours of play with this thing, she ventured outside with it. I kept telling her in my best mommy voice, "make sure you hold on tight because if you let it go, it'll be gone forever." She nodded as if she understood. Well, after a couple runs on the slide with balloon in hand, there it went up into the big blue sky. We waved goodbye and told it to have fun. She was handling it all pretty well. A few minutes later, we went back in the house.
She says to me, "Mommy, I want wings."
"Why do you want wings?" I asked. I wasn't clueing in.
"I catch the balloon."
"Oh, well, we don't have wings."
"I go to store." Awww...sweet little thing thinks there's a store that sells wings.
Again, "Mommy, I want wings."
Now repeat above conversation at least 10 times.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment