Brian was asked to make a presentation for a company he's been doing business with at UNLV. We jumped at the chance to turn it into a short getaway for the both of us. At first, we were only going to go for two nights, but with Brian having to work a half day, it made much more sense to go for three nights so he could actually enjoy it too. My mom was already on board to watch the kids while Nemo was all set to stay with Cathy. Granted, as much as I was excited to go, I was also nervous about leaving the kids. But, my desire to have a few days to myself in 85 degree weather next to a pool with a book in hand outweighed any hesitation. On Wednesday afternoon, we dropped the kids off and drove 4 1/2 hours to the Mandalay Bay. Some highlights included:
sitting at the pool two days in row & enjoying the lazy river
checking out Shark Reef Aquarium at the hotel
a once in a lifetime dinner at Le Cirque at The Bellagio
watching Spamalot at the Wynn Hotel
eating and drinking til our hearts' content
Our bathroom had a tv!

Saturday afternoon we returned to my mom's to pick up Paige and Nick. They were both happy to see us, but when I asked Paige if she was ready to go home, she said, "No go home". So, I guess she loved her little getaway just as much as we did.
2 comments:
I'm very happy to see that this trip gave you a time of being alone to spend it as if you just went on your honeymoon .
Love
Mom
Wow...looks like you guys had a great time! Nice pics!
Post a Comment