Thursday, May 29, 2008

Terrible Twos

The terrible twos really do exist. I've come to realize this the past week or so. Right after Paige turned two, I thought this isn't so bad. What's all the fuss? Sure, she'd throw a tantrum here and there, but it was pretty easy to get her back on track. Now, time out is being used on a daily basis and lately more than once a day. She's becoming more opinionated on what she wants to wear, eat, play, watch on tv, read, and do, do, do all day long. I'm exasaperated and exhausted to the point of watching the seconds tick until naptime and then bedtime. I truly love her to pieces and there are glimpses of the sweet Paige I know under that growing independence. But, now the twos are enveloping and engulfing her to which she seems to have no control. And in those moments of irrationality, I repeat over and over, "it's just a phase, it's just a phase."