We tossed out plenty of ideas for ways to celebrate Brian's milestone birthday and we settled on returning to Santa Ynez for some rest and relaxation in the country. We rented a ranch house in horse country that sat on fourteen acres and had a pool and spa. It was also pet friendly which was a huge plus because we wanted to bring Nemo along. With twelve adults, two kids, and two canines, we had plenty of room to sprawl around. One benefit to having a house to ourselves was preparing meals for one another. With such great cooks in the family, it was a win-win!
A little explanation on Brian's t-shirt is probably in order. There's this movie called "3 o'clock high" in which when the credits were rolling and the cast of characters were announced, The Nerdy Kid was played by, yep, Brian A...Not our dear beloved Brian A..., but, nevertheless, his brothers still tease him about til this day. I really wanted him to wear something to announce his milestone birthday, so when Kris and I put our heads together, this is what we came up with. Needless to say, it hasn't been worn again. Job well done.





There were so many great pictures from our trip that there was no way I could post them all here, so I've stuck just a few of my favorite Unit shots on this post. However, if you're interested in seeing more click here: Santa Ynez Vacation. 

No comments:
Post a Comment