Shortly after Nick was born I had slight guilt that Paige wasn't getting out of the house enough. It was a challenge for me to take out a newborn and a potty training two year old. So, we just didn't get out much. When I spoke with my mom about it, she gave me some insight. She told me that if I did do an outing each day then Paige might come to expect it and then that could become a problem within itself, so I shouldn't worry myself about it. Since we have had a bout of good weather the last two weeks, I noticed I have been taking the kids to the park every day except when Paige was in school. So last night when Brian asked me what we were doing today, I told him I wasn't planning on going out of the house. After Paige got up this morning, she asked me, "Mommy, what are we doing today?"
"Nothing", I replied.
"But Mommy, where are we going?"
"Nowhere Paige."
"Can't we go to the park?"
And sure enough by 9:30am, the three of us were going stir crazy, I packed us up, and we walked to the park. So much for taking my mother's advice.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mothers know best !
Love ya
Mom
Post a Comment